Welcome to Trinity RFC Junior Rugby
Welcome To Trinity Titans Rugby the home of Junior Rugby at Trinity RFC.
Training and games takes place on Sunday mornings. Home sessions are held at Lime Meadow Avenue from 10:30 am. We also join with other local clubs who host joint “Away” sessions.
Dan Crouch and Jon Lewington are the joint Head Coaches for the 2020/21 season.
The new season commences on Sunday 13 September 2020 – and the following procedures have been put in place In order that we are Covid compliant and within RFU guidelines and in order to maximise safety for all.
- Both car parks will be open for use on Lime Meadow Avenue and Blacksmiths Hill.
- U6/U7 training will take place in the training area next to the Lime Meadow Avenue Entrance, and therefore parents are encouraged to use this car park.
- U8/U9 and U10 will take place on the pitch directly in front of the club house and should use the Blacksmiths Hill car park
- U12 training will take place on the 2nd XV rugby pitch, and should also use the Blacksmiths Hill car park.
- Training groups are separated in different parts of the field with separate equipment. Players should be encouraged to stay at their own training area so as to maintain correct social distance between them and players in other groups.
- Where possible players and parents should head straight to their pitch to avoid congestion within the car parks, and should be aware of social distancing guidelines when returning to cars and walking past others. There will be no one way system enforced so we ask parents to be vigilant and sensible when moving around the site.
- If you are new to the club and unsure where your group are training please head to the front of the clubhouse by the picnic tables where Dan Crouch will meet you and show you to your training area
- All training activities have been designed to follow current RFU guidelines. We are currently operating at stage D of the return to play. Parents can check www.rfu.com for more details.
- Players will be required to hand sanitise at every break in play (every 15 minutes), all playing equipment will be thoroughly sanitised before and after use so that it is clean and safe to use, and players must keep a safe 1m distance between themselves and other players in their group during breaks in play.
- All players are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser with them. There will be regular breaks within the session for hand sanitising
- The RFU has given the go ahead in stage D for limited and adapted contact training to take place within certain restrictions so all players in the U9 age group and older should bring a mouth guard with them. Players are encouraged to keep gum shields in their mouth at all times during contact training to avoid putting their hands in/near their mouths, and players must hand sanitise after taking the gum shield out at the end of the contact activity.
- Parents are welcome to watch training from the side-lines although groups of parents standing together must not exceed 6 people, and parents should maintain at least a 1m distance from members of other households.
- Unfortunately guidelines do not permit us to open up the clubhouse for use during the morning. Therefore toilets will not be available to players or parents and the clubhouse cannot be used even in the case of inclement weather.
- The bar and clubhouse will open from 12 noon. Parents are reminded to observe the one way system and all other protocols which are clearly signposted if they are using the clubhouse after training.
- The café will also be open for refreshments during the morning. It is important that paretns and players are observant of social distancing guidelines, whilst queuing for and waiting for food to be ready. Parents should use the markings on the floor in order to maintain the correct 1m distance in the queue and avoid standing in close groups when waiting for food.