- We may process your data for a number of different purposes:
- To keep you up to date with the latest, relevant information about the Club – including most importantly where you need to be and when to play, coach or watch rugby
- To administer your Club membership and inform you of RFU registration details
- To keep you up to date with match results and invite you to social events
- To keep you up to date of the latest developments with regard to other aspects of playing and coaching rugby in a safe and secure environment
- To update you on offers from our sponsors, without whose support the facilities and equipment we enjoy as Members of the Club would be far more limited
Much of the information we collect must be provided on a mandatory basis so that we can make the appropriate legal checks and register you as required by RFU Rules and Regulations. We will inform you which information is mandatory when it is collected. Some information is optional, particularly information such as your medical information. If this is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with appropriate assistance, services or support.
Our rationale for processing your data
It’s important for us and in our legitimate business interest to:
- Keep our members and contacts informed of Club developments; manage and administer memberships, and ensure our contacts are kept
informed through a range of communications in online and print format, and to collect and manage the personal data that helps us keep our updates targeted and relevant.
We process data and use marketing as part of this legitimate interest. It’s necessary for us to use a variety of direct marketing channels and messages to ensure Members are kept informed, and wherever possible we make sure the messages we send are targeted and relevant. Any direct marketing we undertake complies with e-privacy rules on consent.
We will keep your data safely and securely for as long as necessary or according to your instructions, and we review the data we hold at least once every two years. If you’d like more information about how we store your data, please let us know. In particular you could expect to receive from us:
- A weekly email update about Club news and developments
- Occasional messages from the Club that we send on behalf of our sponsors
You can manage your preferences and unsubscribe from any or all of these different types of email at any time.
Your rights over the personal data we hold
You can reasonably request access to the personal data we hold on you, at any time, and we will provide that information free of charge within one month of your request at the latest. You can request inaccurate or incomplete personal data held on you to be rectified or completed or for your personal data to be suppressed or erased, and we will respond within one month of your request at the latest. We will supply any data you request.
Your right to object
You have the right to opt out of our direct marketing at any point, and we will deal with your request right away. You can unsubscribe from our emails automatically by submitting this unsubscribe form. If you think that we are using your information in a way which breaches data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk) or any other relevant authority.
To secure personal information on Pay Subs Online, access to your data is password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and not to share this information with anyone.