Welcome to Trinity Rugby Club
We used to be known as Old Mid-Whitgiftian RFC – we changed our name on 1 June 2019 – but we still retain our nickname, The Mids.
The club was founded in 1926 by the old boys of Trinity School in Croydon (formerly Whitgift Middle School) – hence Old Mid(dle)-Whitgiftians – and the 2019/20 season was our first with a new name – Trinity RFC.
The First XV play in Surrey 1 of the London & South East Division and the A XV in the Surrey Reserve League. We have a Vets team (the Matrons), Junior Section (Trinity Titans) and a new Women’s Team. Our Former Players Section, with a nod to our former name, is now known as The Midwives.
We are a friendly club based in Croydon, South London and part of the Trinity Sanderstead Sports and Social Club – which has thriving hockey, cricket, golf, drama and music sections.
Senior squad training is on THURSDAY evenings at Lime Meadow Avenue and matches take place each Saturday afternoon throughout the rugby season.
*** COVID-19 JUNE 2021 UPDATE ***
Training will resume in July. We are entering some 7s tournaments this month and there will be a couple of 7s sessions before those tournaments.
The Clubhouse has reopened along with the bar and outside covered drinking area. Covid-safe restrictions, including social-distancing and track-and-trace measures apply.
Current opening hours:
Wednesdays: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Thursdays: 7.00pm – 9.30pm
Fridays: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Saturdays: 12.00pm – 9.00pm
Sundays: 12.00pm – 9.00pm